Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day


Nora sporting the "Sah-puh-cah-cahn" pin... which was mine when I was a little kid (I guess that makes it vintage).
Happy St. Patrick's Day, friends and family. We hope you enjoyed the wearin' o the green and all that. I, luckily, didn't get pinched... I realized too late I didn't have any green maternity tops. Our baby boy woke me up this morning with some intense gymnastics or irish dancing -- that's the first time I've felt that much moving and shaking from him!
Last week Nora started telling me things she likes, which was a surprsing change. She seems to understand at last that the pronoun "I" applies to herself when she says it. It started out with "I like oranges! I like Monkeys!" When I asked "what about daddy?" then she'd respond "I like daddy!" and so we went through all of her grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends, stuffed animals -- you are all liked. Last night in the car, for the first time on her own she started a statement "I love...." and I thought "oh, how sweet, maybe someone in her family?" No. "I love Costco." Costco?!? Second on the list of things she loves: "I love cars."
Ahh well. We still love her and send our love out to you, too.
Sarah, Brett, Nora and the little guy

No comments: