Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of Preschool

I almost forgot my password to log on to this blog... it really has been a long time! I have loads of pictures from over the summer and will try to pick out a few, but most immediately, here are a few pictures from Nora's first official day of preschool. She did great! She was so excited to go, so excited to be taking her backpack (thanks again, Alison!), so excited to take in her "homework" (we were given a piece of construction paper to decorate with her name, a photo and stickers to be made into her snacktime placemat - I think every butterfly sticker she recently received from Gen are now on the placemat), so excited to be wearing her dress -- overall, so excited. I thought she might get derailed when one of her classmates started crying and grabbing onto her mom at the last moment, but Nora waved to us, walked around her classmate (who was already being comforted by the teacher) and straight into the classroom!
first day of preschool
John went with the flow pretty well today... Brett took the day off and so John was just glad to have Daddio around. Mr. Bubs seems to be fully committed to walking now... he's tottering all over the place, but still very wobbly. Sometimes I see him stomping along at a pretty regular, but slower pace, and other times he comes running through the room trying to get back his balance when it's just getting away from him! He's drooling like a fiend, so we're watching for more teeth. As usual, though, I can't tell if teeth are coming until they're already here.

I love spaghetti sauce/ this is what I would look like as a redhead (eyebrows)
I'll try to post more summer pictures soon since we've missed pretty much all of it!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Nora Grace! I'm so proud of you- what a confident little (well big, really) girl! I'm so excited for you to be in school and can't wait to hear more about your adventures at Jackson!
And John Patrick- Wait till Grandma Yavello sees that pic- She'll show up with some auburn hair dye the next time she babysits you!
Everyone is growing up so fast- Much love to you all!