Friday, November 14, 2008

The Bubzinator

We (Nora and I) took John for his four month checkup today, and got the green light to drop the hammer on his bad habit of waking up to eat every three hours at night. It should be ugly for a few nights but I'm told he'll get on board sooner rather than later! Wish us luck! He measured 26.5" long ("top of his class," according to Martha, our nurse practitioner) and weighed 18lb 14oz, which she said was off the chart (for reference, Nora weighed 18lb 12oz at six months). Oy, he's a hefty baby, and the nurse practitioner said we have no worries that he'll waste away while we try to help him consolidate his feedings! Earplugs at the ready... here we go.


John with his first bowl of rice cereal... he was not this enthused when I was trying to get it into his mouth!
Nora was great at the appointment, I just had to remind her once that I needed her to be quiet while I talked with Martha. As soon as we were done and Martha addressed her directly, it turned out that Nora had been absolutely bursting at the seams to tell her that "WE SAW THE LEAF SCOOPER TODAY and he scooped up the leaves and then 'beep beep beep' he backed up and then he went forward and he put the leaves in the GARBAGE TRUCK and we also saw a BLACK GARBAGE TRUCK!" >whew<
We've been calling John variations on Bubs for a while now, "the Bubzinator" being one that I didn't realize was as popular as it apparently has become. This afternoon, when John was waking up from his nap, Nora turned to me and stated very matter-of-factly, "Mom, the bubz'nator is awake." We might need to work on just calling him his regular old name for a while!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay.. my child is a midget... Evie was 18 lbs, 8.5 oz at her 9 MONTH appointment!!
I can't wait to get Evie and Nora together for some scare training soon... you just wait... Nora's in for a challenge... our kid's good!! :)