Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall catchup


Nora "going crazy."
I know, I've been delinquent in posting new pics... and have already heard about it from some of our fans! So here is a whole new batch, and I'll get our Halloween pictures up asap, if not tonight.
Fall's been great. John is growing like a weed, or more like a pumpkin. He's rounder every day! Brett kept saying he thought John was bigger at his age than Nora at the same age, but I could never tell. Today, I got out her old records to check -- he's much bigger! At his 2 month appt, he weighed close to 14.5 lbs, but Nora weighed a mere 11 lb 12 oz! I did the notoriously inaccurate weigh myself w/ John then w/o John two days ago, and the difference was 18.5 lbs. We'll have an official weigh in later this month for his 4 mo checkup, but putting on weight is not a problem for this little guy!

He's been very smiley, laughing a lot -- and Nora's warmed right up to him and now thinks he's just the greatest (whew!) He's also very vocal -- usually more so when I'm trying to leave a voicemail message for someone!





He hates to be down low in a bouncer seat when we're eating dinner, and I remembered that our high chair reclines, so now he sits up at table level with us when we eat (he drools and watches our every eating motion... he's so ready to eat, but I'm afraid will be sorely disappointed in the rice cereal when he finally gets the green light!)





We took the kids to the cider mill, where Nora scored a huge bag of day old doughnuts to feed the ducks (who were surprisingly lean for a likely non-stop diet of doughnuts, though Brett said their cholesterol was probably sky high!) Cider and doughnuts for us, always a big hit.








And last but not least, John was baptized! We were so fortunate to have so much of his family and so many friends join us for the celebration.





And here's a picture for Great-Grandpa Riggs, who requested (on John's behalf, I'm sure!) that John get in some quality overalls time after having to spend the day in his baptismal gown. :)

No comments: